Pizza and Pitch Fest
Delivered by the Goulburn Innovation Network
24 October 2018
The Collective Goulburn (cnr of Auburn and Market St)
Pizza and Pitch Fest is a pitch fest to not only celebrate small business, but help to create and support new businesses in the community. We want to hear from students, individuals, current business owners, entrepreneurs that have an idea that you think Goulburn would benefit from. Pizza and Pitch provides a platform for you to pitch your business or idea to a live audience and expert panel for a chance to win a great prize.
Spectators welcome, please RSVP through Pizza and Pitch event on The Collective Goulburn’s Facebook page.
What does the Pizza and Pitch Fest Involve?
Entrants get to pitch their business ideas to a judging panel of local business leaders and go in the chance of winning fantastic prizes. Your pitch can be no longer than 3 minutes. You can include presentation slides if you like, or just keep it simple! It’s up to you. At the end of your pitch, the judges will have 3 minutes to ask you 2-3 questions. Terms and conditions apply, see below for details.
- 16-18 year olds
- 18 years and over
Applicants must reside in the Southern Tablelands (Goulburn Mulwaree Shire, Wingecarribee Shire, Upper Lachlan Shire, Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Shire) and have intention to operate in Goulburn or Southern Tablelands.
We encourage anyone in the local community and surrounding area to apply. It’s free, easy to enter and the potential benefits are enormous!
To enter – fill out the form below
What is the judging criteria?
- The Pitch
- Problem/solution (clearly articulated/shown)
- The Business/Idea
- Is it a new and innovative idea in our area?
- Is there a clear market for this idea?
- Can your idea grow and expand?
- Is your idea environmentally friendly and or/sustainable?
The winner of each category will receive:
- $1000 cash
- 2 x tickets to Australia’s largest start up conference, StartCon in Sydney
- Use of a hotdesk at one of Goulburn’s coworkspaces for 6 months
- 2 hours with a BEC adviser
- $300 voucher to Revolution Print
- Over 18 category only – Entry into CBRIN’s Ideas to Impact Program in Canberra
- Under 18 category only – 3 hours with a CBRIN mentor
There will also be a People’s Choice Prize decided on the night:
- $500 cash
- Use of a hotdesk at one of Goulburn’s coworkspaces for 3 months
It is easy to enter and free! All you have to do is fill out the form below.
For more info contact email@example.com
Entrants will be invited to a workshop on what is a pitch fest and how to pitch:
Monday, 15 October 2018
The Collective Goulburn
Applications are open from 10 September – 12 October 2018
Terms and Conditions
- The following organisations are ineligible to enter the pitch fest – political organisations, and religious groups.
- The prizes are as listed and are not transferrable for cash.
- Prizes must be claimed and used by 30th June 2019.
- This is a competition of skill not of chance.
- The judges decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
- Pitches over three minutes will be deducted marks.
- Each winner agrees to participate in all promotional activities relating to the Competition, including, but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, and each winner agrees to grant BDCU Alliance Bank a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such material and photographs in all media in the promotion of The Collective Goulburn, BDCU Alliance Bank, Goulburn Connects and each winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Collective Goulburn, BDCU Alliance Bank, Goulburn Connects shall not be liable to any entrant in the Competition for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained, as a result of entering into the Competition or taking the Prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.